Ten symptoms that prove work technology is intruding too much into your home life
Here's what our team found out on the back of our recent Work-life balance research:
"Ten symptoms that might prove work technology is intruding too much into your home life"
- You check your smartphone for emails as one of the last things you do before going to sleep, and one of the first when you wake up (your first conversation of the day is via Twitter)
- You feel the need to take your laptop or iPad and/or smartphone on holidays, just in case work needs you
- You feel obligated to respond to work emails outside of work hours, especially those from international colleagues in other time zones
- You expect your work colleagues to answer emails out of business hours, because that’s what you do
- You turn your smart phone to vibrate – never off – so you can check messages on the quiet when you really should be ‘off duty’ like at the cinema or out with the family
- Your iPad is used mainly for reading work-related articles late at night
- You’ve not had a face-to-face discussion with any of your 500+ contacts on LinkedIn for months
- Your work contacts on Facebook and Skype outnumber your friends and family
- More people wish you happy birthday on Facebook/Twitter than in person
- And sadly …you’re the FourSquare mayor of your office
Are you familiar with any of these?