Italian Customer Conference, HR NEXT 2.0: learning innovation from our customers
Last week in Milan NGA held the 2nd edition of the Italian Customer Conference, HR Next 2.0. The event was a great success. We had over 30 companies attending, a lot of quality content and, above all, great networking moments, with Clients’ representatives very eager to chat and share best practices.
The Customer Conference is always one of the best gatherings of the year: face-to-face relationship with Customers in an informal and relaxed contest proves always to be very positive, transparent, and entertaining. Furthermore, it represents a unique opportunity to receive feedback on the quality of our services.
This year’s topics was People Innovation: the strategic transformation of HR, entailing the creation of value and competitive advantage out of Human Capital.
This topic has been discussed through a rich agenda, which was aimed to express different perspectives on the common theme. An international analyst, Everest Group, talked about innovation in terms of most significant HR services trends: watchwards for 2014 will be rightshoring, multi-channel customer support, talent analytics, and full-life cycle integrated talent management. The leading software vendor, SAP/SuccessFactors, presented HR innovation as a synonymous of simplification. Simplification doesn’t mean only adopting easy, streamlined cloud HCM solutions; it also requires building a new company culture, one that is open to recognize the cultural paradigm of standardization and best-of-breed processes. The latter is the basic preliminary condition needed for technological change to actually produce its benefits.
But the greatest contribution to the debate was given by NGA customers, who described their specific view of People Innovation and how they tried to realize it in their own organizations, supported in this effort by NGA. Our clients told us very different stories, from an organizational, service delivery, sourcing model and process point of view. Different companies, different HR experiences; despite this, all of them shared common elements we need to take into consideration.
So what is the lesson learned by NGA from its customers? What did we bring home from this event? I would split the question in two main aspects.
Lesson #1: What are the most important HR priorities for NGA customers in 2014?
- HR and IT partnership, as well as continuous commitment from top management, is a critical success factor to face HR transformation and change management.
- People are the most strategic asset and source of competitive advantage for a company. Talent management has to become number 1 priority.
- Knowledge shared within and between different functions is pivotal for the growth of internal competencies and people development: focus on intranet, social and collaborative platforms.
- Organizations need to move faster in their journey from transaction-oriented HR to strategic-oriented HR to support business and competitive advantage as well as employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Real integration among different HR systems, process optimization and harmonization at a global level, shared HR policies along with respect for local requirements, consistent and updated global HR data are all fundamental requirements in order to create real governance and control on corporate HR., in all countries. One single vision is needed to manage international expansion and growing complexity.
- Consistent HR data at a global level together with powerful analytics tools are key to anticipate future changes and being equipped to successfully face them.
Lesson #2: What do our customers value most from NGA:
- International capabilities – NGA can play as a single global HR partner, thus facilitating the creation of one worldwide HR vision.
- Technological flexibility: HR transformation needs to be technologically independent – technology has to be an enabler not a constraint to change. NGA is a technological agnostic provider, partner of the major software vendors in the world, thus it can help companies select the best technological option according to their specific requirements.
- Service flexibility: thanks to its global portfolio of flexible and scalable service delivery options, NGA is the right partner to gradually accompany organizations through their change and growth.
- Deep HCM expertise: being an HR expert, both from a legal and an application point of view, NGA provides companies with qualified, wide and integrated HR support they need as well as ensuring ongoing compliance and fast reporting.
- Real partnership: transparency, straightforward communication, commitment and focus on customer needs are the professional features our clients really appreciate in their daily relationship with NGA’s teams.
- Innovation: NGA helps create innovation end efficiency in processes, procedures, services and technologies, as well as boost the growth of internal competencies through day-by-day support.
I think these lessons are the most important assets we bring back from this event. Customer feedback and evaluation are the ground on which NGA can further develop its key differentiator points and build strong lasting partnership with them. Listening to their needs and providing the right answers to their problems is the main way to realize the number one priority of NGA strategy: real customer satisfaction.
Check out some of the pictures of the conference below