4 Main Pain Points Affecting Workflow and The Solution
Workflow is key to any successful business process when you have more than one actor involved, and when we look at any business process this is usually the case. Even if you have one single system covering all business processes (I am yet to see an organisation that has one system) you will have many different workflows running in many different systems.
Tracking the status of a Workflow item at any given time is a major challenge to all organisations. At NGA we have recognized the 4 main pain points affecting Workflow:
- Multiple Workflow engines require multiple access points
- System Workflow often requires advanced system knowledge to fully track workflow
- No visible audit trail on work requests
- Demand on HR Service Desk from employees and managers trying to find out if a work item is approved
The Solution – Request Tracker
At NGA we are actively developing a tool to give employees and managers full visibility of Workflow items. The issues addressed by the Request Tracker are:
- Check HR Processes awaiting his/her actions
- Check the trail of process chain, i.e. previous steps and next steps
- Smart Search on processes
- Will work from smartphones (IPhone/Androids), tablets and desktop
- Can work both on Premise and Cloud model
The tool is designed to connect any workflow item into the dashboard. The Workflow item must adhere to the data design, but this is also configurable.
The Request Tracker will have the ability to bring all the relevant Workflow items from many different source systems into a single dashboard for your employees and managers.
Request Tracker Benefits
Following SAP design principles, we have made the Request Tracker user friendly. Your organization will achieve these benefits from deploying Request Tracker:
- Reduce demand on HR Service Desk
- Increase employee and manager engagement
- Visibility to entire HR Process flow with audit trail for employees and managers
- Mobile solution: anytime, anywhere access
- Single point of access for disparate Workflows
- Reduce training costs
The first planned release of the Request Tracker will integrate with SAP HCM, but we have an existing roadmap to build with other Workflow engines once other applications make Workflow available to display in external systems.